Friday, April 30, 2010

Blog Number Five

I thought the blog assignments were just different in the sense that they could be viewed by anybody in the whole wide web. My writing style had to be a bit different to conform to this type of anonymity. The production of a blog is quite self explanatory, but the creation of a blog web page and dealing with a whole new medium was truly a pain! An essay is a onetime thing vs. a blog is updated periodically and the website has to be maintained. Also, if you have a significant following the comments can be time consuming to review. Whereas, a traditional essay does not get as much scrutiny as a blog does because usually only one or two people read the essay.

The blog assignments did relate to the various class topics and course objectives because the whole subject matter of humanities revolves around being involved and aware of things the blog was just one way to get us to talk about what is going on around us. It also made me more aware of some of the issues that are prevalent today and how it affects me not only right now but also in my future.

I am not really sure what is meant by the non text element? If you are referring to any of the presentations, I thought they added an element to the class that was quite interesting. It is always intimidating to stand in front of your comrades and do a presentation unless this is something you do consistently or you are one of the few that is comfortable with public speaking. I myself, am comfortable with public speaking so it did not affect me negatively, it allowed me to express myself in an organized and structured environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment